BBPlan Role & Planning
* To check any NHDC planning applications that are made in the area. NHDC notify the committee of all planning applications via email.
* Review the applications and bring any to the attention of the committee and BBPlan members that are considered relevant.
* Maintain the BBPlan website with details of any large scale planning applications and consultations.
* Liaise with NHDC and any developers who make applications in the area.
* Prepare formal representations to any consultations that are set up. This should include setting out the suggested response on the website, making BBPlan members aware and giving them the opportunity to comment before submission.
* This does not pre-empt the importance of residents submitting their own responses to any consultations. The committee’s response is meant to reinforce residents’ opinions not be a substitute for them.
* Encourage a wider membership from Baldock, Bygrave & Clothall through further publicity.
Detailed below are the BA development areas referenced on the NHDC Local Plan map (in 2019), and the estimated houses to be built per site
BA1 Land North of Baldock (currently green belt) 2,800 homes
BA2 Land west of Clothall Road (Clothall parish) 200 homes
BA3 Land south of Clothall Common (Clothall parish) 253 homes
BA4 Land east of Clothall Common (East of Rhee Springs) 42 homes
(Planning Permission still to be granted – see BA4 site for more details)
BA5 Land off Yeomanry Drive 25 homes
(Outline Planning Permission for 23 houses granted by Planning Committee on 18th Nov 2021 – see Item 26)
BA6 Land at Icknield Way 26 homes
(Planning Permission granted, land cleared, Retirement Home being built )
BA7 Land to rear of Clare Crescent 20 homes
(Outline Planning Permission for 24 houses granted by Planning Committee on 4th Nov 2021 – see Item 17)
BA8 & BA9 Works, Station Road and adjoining Raban Court 50 homes – Completed
( Building completed – houses and flats have now been built )
BA10 Royston Road New employment area – allocation
BA11 Deans Yard, South Road 20 homes
NHDC Local Plan Status – Link to status pages on the NHDC website
* Recent Planning Applications
Enclosed below are details of known recent large Planning applications within the Baldock, Bygrave & Clothall area.
* 22/00741/FP – Bygrave Solar Farm
Land West Of Ashwell Road Bygrave Hertfordshire SG7 5EB – Ground mounted solar photovoltaic (PV) farm including battery energy storage; continued agricultural use, ancillary infrastructure, security fencing, landscaping provision, ecological enhancements and associated works.
– Construction would involve heavy lorries passing through Ashwell or via Bygrave Road, Baldock.
* NHDC Planning website
The NHDC Planning website can be searched to find details of other developments within the Baldock, Bygrave & Clothall areas. The Map page shows all proposed developments by location.